Subject: Re: Amiga 3000 using VGA monitors?
From: [email-masked] (John Crookshank)
To: [email-masked] (lightwave)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 95 18:19 CDT

on 27-Jul-95 11:48:32, Vance Schowalter ([email-masked])
Emailed:

> Yes, it's true. The Amiga can use any computer monitor available, from
> RGB to VGA to S-VGA to Multiscan. You only have to make sure you have
> the
> proper monitor driver installed in your Devs/Monitors directory from
> your
> Storage/Monitors directory, and then change your Screenmode util to use
> the VGA driver.

Ah, but he can only use a monitor that scans down to 15Khz, and can only
choose an NTSC-compatible screenmode if he wants to use the Toaster (or
any other video genlock for that matter). Only the Amiga 3000 or an A2000
eqipped with a flickerFixer board or FlickerFree Video board could use
virtually *any* monitor as you suggest. And even then, he still has to
stick with an NTSC-compatible screen mode. If he uses the VGA driver, his
Toaster will be non-functional.

   --------------------------------------------------------------
  |      John Crookshank         |       [email-masked]           |
  |  MicroTech Solutions, Inc.   |  http://www.mcs.net/~johnc/   |
  |--------------------------------------------------------------|
  |  Desktop video systems dealer - finger/http for more info.   |
   --------------------------------------------------------------

--
[email-masked] (John Crookshank) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]